Saturday, June 21, 2008
Nagging Parents
Some teens just couldn't stand them for 10mins!
How often have I heard that! While, of course, there are those who have good, open family communication, many young people get angry at their parents for telling them what to do. Often they end up not speaking to them at all.
I, too, fought with my mother from time to time about how I chose to live my life. I'd say: "Leave me alone! Let me do things my way!"
Mothers and Fathers always seem to be giving their kids a hard time. From prehistoric times, mother have been saying things like: " Do your homework!" "Turn of the television!" "Wake up or you'll be late!: It's not something we can change. But you'll understand how your parents feel when you become a parent yourself.
So it is important for you to be big-hearted. If a parent yells at you, you can think: " A loud voice means she is healthy; that's great," or, "Oh, he is expressing his love for me. I appreciate it." Your ability to view parents in this way is a sign of your increasing maturity.
Throughout the animal world, parents teach their young how to survive - how to hunt, how to eat, etc. Accordingly, our parents teach us so many things, launching us in the right direction. This is something we learn to appreciate as we become adults ourselves.
There is a well-known story about a forlorn young man sitting dejectedly by the road after quarreling with his father. He believed his father was narrow-minded, unfair and a fool. An older acquaintance came along and, guessing the cause of his sadness, said: "When I was around eighteen, my father told me nothing but dull, stupid things that infuriated me. I got really sick of hearing them. But ten years later, I started feeling that everything my father was saying made a lot of sense. I wondered, ' When did my father develop so much wisdom?"
I think it's important that you use your own wisdom to avoid fighting with your parents. Furthermore, when your parents quarrel between themselves, as many do from time to time, the wisest thing is for you to stay out of it.
(The Way of Youth - Daisaku Ikeda)
Adding to it, I feel we are blessed with parents nagging at us. This show how much they really care as compared to kids who nagged at their parents - how spoiled can the child be then? In some way, some kids hope so much someone can really nagged at them but unfortunately they are not around anymore.
So appreciate the care and concern shower by our parents, and with that I would like to wish every parents a belated mothers' and fathers' day!!!Labels: Soka
M.T ♥ ya
I stopped @
11:59:00 PM